Grant Proposal and Progress Report Timing
- When planning to submit a new proposal or progress report, or apply for a fellowship, please contact Cecilia Stodd 3 weeks prior to the submission deadline.
- All proposals must be finalized and submitted to Cecilia 3 days prior to the submission deadline. This will ensure staff are available in the Dean’s office to review and submit to RSP.
Why plan ahead?
- During NIH and NSF unsolicited proposals deadline windows, we have had as many as 14 proposals to submit just in the Chemistry Department.
- L&S has 40 departments submitting proposals at the same time as Chemistry. The L&S grants office closes at 4 p.m. daily.
- Research and Sponsored Projects (RSP) makes the final approval before proposals are released. The RSP grants office closes at 4:30 p.m. daily.
- Sometimes there are problems! Grants submissions systems can slow down due to high traffic rates. Also, the L&S grants office or RSP may catch last-minutes errors or omissions and request revisions prior to final submission.
For help with new proposals, contracts, MTAs, WISPER records, and no-cost extensions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice for WISDM users
WISDM has been decommissioned as of October 29, 2020. Please familiarize yourself with its replacement, WISER.
Experienced WISDM users may see a short overview of WISER through a new class, WISER for WISDM Users. Those with no experience in either system should sign up for Introduction to WISER. Updated class listings may be found here.
For grants-related training and information on WISER projects or grants management, please check here.