Grant Proposal and Progress Report Timing
- When planning to submit a new proposal or progress report, or apply for a fellowship, please contact Cecilia Stodd 3 weeks prior to the submission deadline.
- All proposals must be finalized and submitted to Cecilia 3 days prior to the submission deadline. This will ensure staff are available in the Dean’s office to review and submit to RSP.
Why plan ahead?
- During NIH and NSF unsolicited proposals deadline windows, we have had as many as 14 proposals to submit just in the Chemistry Department.
- L&S has 40 departments submitting proposals at the same time as Chemistry. The L&S grants office closes at 4 p.m. daily.
- Research and Sponsored Projects (RSP) makes the final approval before proposals are released. The RSP grants office closes at 4:30 p.m. daily.
- Sometimes there are problems! Grants submissions systems can slow down due to high traffic rates. Also, the L&S grants office or RSP may catch last-minutes errors or omissions and request revisions prior to final submission.
Notice for WISDM users
WISDM has been decommissioned as of October 29, 2020. Please familiarize yourself with its replacement, WISER.
Experienced WISDM users may see a short overview of WISER through a new class, WISER for WISDM Users. Those with no experience in either system should sign up for Introduction to WISER. Updated class listings may be found here.
For grants-related training and information on WISER projects or grants management, please check here.