Purposes & Objectives
The charter of the Department of Chemistry Board of Advisers is to:
- Bring new ideas into the department and connect us more closely with industry and research institutions within the State of Wisconsin, across the United States, and around the world.
- Disseminate information about ongoing departmental activities in research, teaching, and service.
- Provide mentoring, networking, and career assistance to chemistry undergraduates, graduate students, and postdoctoral associates.
- Help identify and connect with external resources that will enhance the department’s stature and effectiveness.
- Help the department with fundraising and other development efforts.
- Serve as ambassadors and advocates for the department.
- The Board of Advisers will consist of up to 20 members, all of whom are graduates or otherwise closely affiliated friends of the department. The department chair, or a faculty member designated by the chair, will serve as an ex-officio member.
- Membership will be for a term of approximately three years. Appointments will be staggered so that members serve overlapping tenures, with about one-third of terms expiring each year. Members will normally be limited to two three-year terms as regular members.
- In consultation with the department chair, the Board of Advisers will identify and develop contacts with prospective new members.
- The Board of Advisers will meet at least once annually.
- Meetings normally will be in Madison on or near campus.
No posts currently available to show