Building Access and Guidelines (updated June 2, 2021)
- The “Work at Home Rule” is now suspended. You may now work in the chemistry department even on activities that may be done at home.
- The Marauder’s Map has been retired. You are no longer be required to use this entry system and visitors do not have to pre-register. All UW personnel must have a green light on their Safer Badgers App. As always, please do not come to the department if you have any signs of illness.
- Continue to use the Buddy app after 9 PM on weekdays and at all times on weekends.
- No one may ask another person about their vaccination status. You may volunteer that information about yourself. We encourage and recommend mask wearing to protect yourself and others, particularly in common areas and in the CIC facilities. People who are fully vaccinated may elect not to wear masks, while those who are not fully vaccinated must continue to wear masks.
- Current campus guidelines require that that we maintain a minimum 6 ft distance from each other while inside the building, regardless of vaccination status. There are otherwise no occupancy limits in rooms or on floors.
- We continue to recommend single occupancy in restrooms and when eating in your office or common spaces. All hallways and stairwells are two-way.
- Please bring office and lab waste and recycling to the large bins near the elevators on each floor. Custodial staff will remove waste and recycling from these large bins but will not enter offices and labs.
Construction Crews & Department Employees
As construction of the new tower and renovations to existing facilities continue, we will have some cross traffic between chemistry personnel and tradespeople. Crews will need to access work areas, so you will see them moving through the halls and elevators. Please be respectful and accepting of their presence as they work to complete the construction project. Please contact Jeff Nielsen with any questions.
Appointments: No longer necessary – walk-ins are welcome.
Open: M-F from 8 AM-4 PM
Closed: Weekends and holidays
- Please maintain a six-foot social distance at all times
- Enter and exit through the east-side double doors
- The storeroom continues to be self-checkout
- Mark-up on items continues to be reduced to 5%
- Report spills or emergencies to Jeff Nielsen (608-712-9145)